THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. YOU CAN VISIT THE DISCLOSURE TAB TO LEARN MORE.
Today’s Success: Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot! Woot Woot! Did you buy one of these on Prime Day? I did, and I wasn’t even sure what I would use it for, but I thought at least it would have good resale if I didn’t end up using it. I know that’s terrible thinking, just being honest.
Now that I’ve used it a few times and I can tell you this baby isn’t going anywhere!
I’ve even made a special spot for it on my small appliance shelves.
Yes, I have a whole area of my home dedicated to small appliances. You see it was supposed to be an art supplies center, but has been taken over after some inspiration from an episode of The Pioneer Woman. I love that lady!
Here are 6 things you need to know about making the perfect hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot:
- Use the rack the pot came with, put 1 cup of water in the bottom of the pot, then add the eggs (I used 14).
- The Steam Release should be set to SEALING.
- Use High Pressure
- Press Manual and + or – to 6 minutes.
- Let the steam release on its own for about 6 more minutes.
- Release all the pressure, pop the lid off (carefully), and put the eggs in ice and water for another 6 minutes.
These eggs will peel like a dream! Honest!
*Note: The 6 minutes of cooking time will start after the pot reaches full pressure.
Credit: I read several different recipes, and watched YouTube videos about how to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot before deciding on how I’d make mine. They each were helpful in their own way, but I needed something easier to remember, and only a few directions so I didn’t get lost. I’ve came up with what works for me and after realizing how easy these were and how perfectly they peeled I wanted to share the idea with you too!