I encourage you to set aside time, if not daily, weekly, to FIND JOY. Even in the tough seasons of life, it’s there. I swear it.
My dear friends, I am a truth teller, and I wouldn’t pretend about this. This simple practice of writing down what you are thankful for can change your life.
I don’t know about you, but I need a change in the worst way right now.
In full disclosure, sometimes the joy flows freely, other times it seems forced, but it is ALWAYS there. It’s tucked into both the mundane and the magical moments. Perfectly weaved into the fibers of everyday life. THE JOY is waiting for you to discover it, smile, and whisper, “Thank you, for this”.
10 Thanks, in no particular order:
- Kisses “goodbye”, and the anticipation of kisses “hello”
- Warm snuggles with the baby before anyone else awakes
- The cheerful “Good Morning, Mama” followed by a running leap into my arms, from the preschooler
- The cool breeze coming through the kitchen window, gently blowing the crystal clear water that is streaming from the tap
- The smell of freshly brewed coffee. This mom is always thankful for this one, no matter the number of hours spent sleeping, or not sleeping, the night before.
- Walking on wet dewy grass to the garden that my husband tends
- Picking the freshest vegetables for our breakfast eggs, and chopping the veggies with my good knives, a gift from my guy after a tough surgery a few years ago
- God’s protection through all the medical trials and His healing in so many areas of my life
- A voice to call out “time to get up” to the yet sleepy kids that have not surfaced into the common areas of the home
- A table to gather ‘round
All this, and so.much.more.