Did you see my most recent FriYay LIVE on Facebook? The one where I accidentally activated our Echo Dot, and tossed the smoke alarm across the room? ha! Well, I highlighted the importance of having smoke alarms in your home. It’s just a few minutes long, you can watch here:
Here is the one I ordered and showed (keep in mind, we also have hardwired alarms already installed in our bedrooms and hallways):
It’s inexpensive and could save your life.
If you can afford it, go with a better dual sensor model (as suggested by my dad who installs these by the handfuls).
Something like this would be a good option:
If you have gas in your home, be sure to have a carbon monoxide detector installed as well.
I may splurge a little and order this one to give it a try. 10 year built in battery, dual sensor, and the photos in the reviews are just begging me to order it!